Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Latcho Drom │ Manuel Vargas

 
Manuel Vargas

In this special edition of Angel Watchers I am featuring Tony Gatlif's documentary masterpiece "Latcho Drom (Safe Journey)".  It traces the history of the Roma People, through their music and dance, from Northern India to Spain.  The film has a minimum of dialogue, it's almost all music, which I think is wonderful. I too have Roma blood running in my veins, so it is no wonder that "Latcho Drom" speaks to me at such a visceral level.  I love this movie.  In the  video below the young gitano Manuel Vargas sings a very emotional Flamenco song from the ending of "Latcho Drom".  He is terrific.  Safe journeys to all the fans of Angel Watchers, wherever you may be.

2 comments:

  1. This whole film is on YouTube now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello ak,

      Thank you very much for the update.

      With a hug,

      -Endyr

      Delete