Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Street Children │ Allan Clelland-Goddard

I was stumbling around the internet, as usual, looking for material to use on Angel Watchers, and quite by accident I found an icon that was linked to a "Street Children" video.  So I thought, "Oh, this might be an interesting change from my usual internet searches."  I presumed that it was probably a somber documentary about the plight of street children around the world, as it was not listed in the music section of the website I was browsing.  Man, was I in for a shock when the video started to play.  First it was that catchy Caribbean beat, then Allan came on and I nearly jumped out of my chair, I said "Whoa, wait a minute what is this?"  Needless to say, I was completely floored.  Allan, was born in the U.K., but moved with his family to Trinidad and Tobago as an infant.  He has starred in many Broadway productions in his hometown, and has won song contest in Trinidad and Tobago.  Not only that, but he is in the Gifted and Talented program at his school.  I think that UNICEF should use "Street Children" as their theme and anthem, because it is really, really good.  "Street Children" was composed by Allan's mother Deborah.  It's is fun to watch Allan during the long instrumental breaks where he does not sing.  By-the-way, I just love his Trinidadian accent.  Allan now lives with his family in Florida.  Allan's YouTube page can be found at this link:  Allan Clelland-Goddard YouTube Channel  Safe journeys to all the fans of Angel Watchers, wherever you may be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment